Thank you, Barleans, for sponsoring this post featuring delicious Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies. All opinions are my own.
This year we moved into our new house. Just three months ago actually. We’ve only met a few neighbors but a couple of the neighbors we have met have been very pleasant. When Barlean’s challenged those of us on their blogger team to get creative in the kitchen and use their new Butter Flavored Coconut Oil in place of butter this holiday season I knew just what I wanted to do! Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies in a tin sounded like the perfect neighbor gifts for Christmas this year!
Peppermint and chocolate go together, in my opinion, like peanut butter and jelly. It’s just natural. And delicious. These peppermint chocolate chip cookies turned out amazing and to know that they are made with coconut oil, not butter? It just makes them that much sweeter!
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 Tsp Peppermint Extract
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Barlean’s Butter Flavored Organic Coconut Oil 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Andes Creme de Menthe baking pieces
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 box vanilla cake mix
- Mix together the cake mix, melted Barlean’s Butter Flavored Organic Coconut Oil, egg, peppermint extract and vanilla extract.
- Once the dough forms, add the cream cheese and mix until well blended together.
- Stir in the Andes Mint baking chips and then the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Take out of oven, let sit for a few minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet and put on cooling rack.
- This recipe should make approximately 36 amazing cookies!
In case you are wondering, Barlean’s Butter Flavored Organic Coconut Oil does not have any coconut taste or smell! It smells like the most amazing butter ever! I’m a huge butter fan and this stuff doesn’t disappoint. It makes me feel so much better about eating things with “butter”. I even used it recently to make corn bread and again, it was amazing!
In case you are wondering, #ABarleansHoliday was a hit! The tins I picked up at a local store were adorable and the neighbors loved the gift and the peppermint chocolate chip cookies! It was a fun day of baking and it was fun for the kids to deliver them to the neighbors, too! Don’t worry, we kept some for us! Delicious! 😉
What will you make with Barlean’s Butter Flavored Organic Coconut Oil?