If you are like us, parents with littles, you may find yourself staying home this New Year’s Eve. My husband and I do nearly every year but we put together a small party at home for the family. The kids love helping me in the kitchen and these golden Oreo truffles are fun to make and taste great. These would be perfect for any gathering outside of home, too! They are sparkly and perfect for a New Year’s celebration!
Yields: 2 dozen
24 Golden Oreo cookies
8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese – softened at room temperature
12 oz bag Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
Wilton gold glitter sugar crystals
Wilton white glitter sugar crystals
1. Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse until they are in tiny crumbs.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the Oreo crumbs and softened cream cheese. Mix until completely blended.
4. Cover bowl and chill for 20 minutes for easier handling.
5. Shape the Oreo mixture into one inch balls and place on the lined baking sheet.
6. In a double boiler, warm the white chocolate chips over low medium heat. Stir continuously until melted and smooth.
7. Pour the melted chocolate into a smaller bowl for easier dipping.
8. Using a toothpick, dip each Oreo ball into the melted white chocolate and place back on the baking sheet.
9. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle each truffle with the gold and white glitter sugar crystals.
10. ENJOY and have a SAFE and JOYOUS NEW YEAR!
You can store the Golden Oreo truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Quick, easy and delicious – the perfect treat for New Year’s Eve parties!