All ideas, recipes, & opinions are entirely my own however, this is a sponsored post on behalf of Michael Angelo’s™.
Fall is in full swing here and for us this year that means not only school and school activities, but also settling into our new house and adjusting to having a newborn again. Not only are we adjusting to those things but adjusting to taking care of four little ones now is definitely keeping us busy. With all of these things we are constantly looking for quick and easy dinner solutions that aren’t from the local drive up fast food chains. Italian dinners are a favorite in our house. I recently found some family meals from Michael Angelo’s in the frozen aisle when I was getting groceries. I picked up their Lasagna with Meat Sauce and quickly ran through our favorite Italian dinner side dishes in my mind to see what else I needed to pick up. I didn’t delay, I made the Lasagna with Meat Sauce that night for dinner!
One of the many reasons I love Michael Angelo’s meals is because of the clean ingredients. When I look at the ingredients list I can actually pronounce the names. There are no preservatives or artificial ingredients. There are a few varieties that we love so I can add one to our menu plan each week and not get tired of having the same thing. It gives me a night off of cooking while still eating at home and it saves a ton of time! The family is happy with the product and mama is happy with what they are eating! It’s a win-win!
The Lasagna with Meat Sauce is a favorite main dish in our house. It is made with fresh beef, vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh herbs that are sautéed and layered with firm 100% semolina lasagna and topped with imported Pecorino Romano cheese from the old country. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it? You HAVE to try it!
Our favorite Italian Dinner Side Dishes
Since we are such big fans of Italian dinners we’ve narrowed our side dishes down to five favorites!
- First, salad is a go-to! We love eating a good salad with our lasagna dinner. It’s a lighter side and it’s a great way to get some greens in the kids!
- We also love a mixture of zucchini with mushrooms and onions (I leave out the onions on the kids’ portions as they aren’t fans of onions). I just saute it and add some seasoning for a quick, healthy side dish!
- We are also big lovers of soup as a side for our Italian meals. This time of year it is especially nice to have soup with dinner with the cool evenings we are having here in Michigan!
- I love pairing our meals with at least one veggie. Asparagus is another loved side with our Lasagna from Michael Angelo’s Lasagna. We love Amy’s recipe from This Mama’s Life for Bacon and Asparagus Bundles and it’s not only tasty but it’s easy and quick to make!
- When you are really short on time, open up a can of green beans. They go perfectly with lasagna and we typically add something like bacon bits to give them more taste!
Michael Angelo’s Signature Line includes not only the Lasagna with Meat Sauce but Eggplant Parmesan and Shrimp Scampi! These sides go amazing with ALL of these dishes and Michael Angelo’s makes having a dinner at home easy and delicious! Be sure to check out the store finder see where you can get these amazing dinners near you! You can also follow Michael Angelo’s on Facebook for products news and information!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Michael Angelo’s. The opinions and text are all mine.