This post was sponsored by a2 Milk® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
Milk and cookies has been a favorite of mine since I can remember. I’ve always had a sweet tooth and there is just something about cookies with milk. When I met my husband I found out he deals with some stomach troubles when drinking milk. I felt terrible for him that he couldn’t freely enjoy one of my loves: milk and cookies! Being a numbers person, I’m always interested in statistics and learned about an independent study that showed 1 in 4 Americans have discomfort after drinking milk. Even with that alarming number, only 5-7% of the population has been clinically diagnosed with a lactose intolerance medical condition. Recently I found out about a newer product that I really thought would be great for him and I to enjoy milk and cookies together, finally!
First, a2 Milk® is real milk, which still allows me to enjoy it. I don’t have to compromise taste and nutrition with nut or bean-based beverages. Second, I read that those who experience stomach troubles or Post-Dairy Digestive Discomfort may enjoy a2® milk without any symptoms. This could be it, he can live a life with milk again! a2 Milk® is the replacement to overly processed alternatives. Did you know that conventional and even organic milks have A1 protein (which is the culprit behind many people’s discomfort after consuming dairy)? This milk comes from only a2 cows. Their milk is naturally free of the A1 protein! I couldn’t wait to make our favorite cookies and have cookies and milk with my husband after all these years! Yes, I was excited about sharing a childhood favorite with my husband!
My husband loves the Peppermint Oreo cookies that I make. It’s a favorite around our house, even with the kids. Enjoying milk with these cookies is not something he’s been able to experience. Addy and I baked some of these one day when daddy was at work all for our special treat night with milk and cookies!
Peppermint Oreo Cookies
- 1 Stick of Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix
- 1/2 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Oreo Chunks (with the middle part of cookies included)
- 1 Cup Andres Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mix together the cake mix, melted butter, egg and peppermint and vanilla extracts.
- Once the dough forms, add the cream cheese and mix until well blended together.
- Stir in the Andes Mint baking chips and then the chocolate chips.
- Last, mix in the Oreo pieces. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
- Take out of oven, let sit for a few minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet and put on cooling rack.
- This recipe should make approximately 36 cookies.
The Perfect Pair – Enjoying Milk & Cookies Again
We were able to enjoy milk and cookies as a family, for the first time! Hubby had no stomach troubles that night, or any time he’s drank a2 Milk®! We have a new family treat that we all can enjoy together! Who would have thought that enjoying milk and cookies would be such an amazing feeling!? If you or anyone in your family experiences tummy troubles after dairy, you have to check here for a local place to buy this milk! You’ll love it!
Have you seen a2 Milk® locally? Have you tried it?