This post about ways to celebrate Earth Month is sponsored by Nature’s Path. All opinions are 100% my own.
It can be hard to find healthy options for breakfast that the kids will actually eat. With all of the character/cartoon looking “fun” cereals on the market I find myself in trouble if I take them shopping with me. It’s hard to tell those sweet begging eyes no. If they only knew what was actually in those cereals. I was recently introduced to Nature’s Path EnviroKidz organic cereals and the kids LOVE them! Nature’s Path sent us some products to try as well as ten fun ideas to celebrate Earth Month with your friends and family!
Nature’s Path products are USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMA Project Verified and Vegetarian, not to mention delicious!! They are passionate about organic farming, they are family-run, and sustainably driven and this year they are celebrating their 30th birthday! Nature’s Path has a wide range of organic food including the following: cold and hot cereals, granola, cookies, bars, waffles, toaster pastries and breads. I’ve never been disappointed in any of the products I’ve tried, in fact, I’ve always been very impressed!
We were sent a variety of their cereals and I’ve tried all four and love them. The kids do, too! I was shocked that they actually ate all of the varieties AND wanted cereal not only for breakfast but for snacks, too! It was definitely a win-win for our household! A healthier option for making mama happy and delicious cereal to make them happy. We were happy to make the switch to Nature’s Path Organic cereals this month as part of our Earth Month celebrations. Nature’s Path shares some other fun ways to celebrate Earth month, too! Check them out below, it’s not too late to make some changes or do some celebrating of Mother Earth!
10 Ways to Celebrate Earth Month
1. Learn about endangered species! Start Earth Day off with a bowl of Nature’s Path EnviroKidz organic cereal – each box features fun facts about an endangered species and highlights a few ways you can help protect them. It’s a quick and easy way for kids to learn about the importance of protecting animal habitats – and families can feel good about eating their breakfast because Nature’s Path donates 1% of sales of EnviroKidz products to support endangered species, habitat conservation and environmental education for kids worldwide.
2. Plant it Forward: Earth Month is a perfect time to work in a garden – whether a community garden or at your home.
3. Take a Walk on the Wild Side: Kids love getting outdoors and a walk on a trail, in a park or around the neighborhood can connect youngsters to the earth. Make it an adventure with a nature scavenger hunt – give kids a list or pictures to find of trees, flowers and insects.
4. Pedal Power: Give up driving for a day, or several. Grab some wheels – the ones you pedal – or hoof it around the block, to your local store or playground.
5. Reuse Art: Create a fun craft table with only reusable items – from packaging, to newspapers to tins and jars – these leftover items can find new and creative uses.
6. Trash patrol: Armed with reusable bags, kids can do a beach or park clean-up and compete for the most items found (just remember no picking up glass or sharp objects!).
7. Brainstorm: Kids have great ideas – ask them for ideas on how the family can protect the earth every day – perhaps it is one hour less of electricity or having motor-less Sundays – they may surprise you with their brain power.
8. Read together: There are so many wonderful books for kids of all ages (such as Dr. Seuss, The Lorax) that have messages about protecting the earth, so grab a blanket, a book and head outside.
9. Recycle plan: How well does your family recycle? Make a plan to recycle more and set up trash bins for all to participate.
10. Help save the Koalas! EnviroKidz is giving away a 10 day family trip for four to Australia which includes a chance to cuddle with a koala, visit with koala experts and scientists, plant Eucalyptus trees and more! To enter, look inside your EnviroKidz cereal box for your entry code and visit: http://us.envirokidz.
Enter to win a prize package from Nature’s Path featuring EnviroKid products! Fill out the form below: