The New Year is here. How many of you have resolutions to be more green? Have you ever considered greening your period? We women have to deal with a menstrual cycle each and every month so why not use green products that are actually healthier for us!? I recently received the Lunette menstrual cup for review. It’s a great way to green your period!
Green Your Period with Lunette
The Lunette menstrual cup is a reusable menstrual cup that collects fluids rather than absorbing them. It comes in five colors and is available in two sizes. Size one is for women with light to moderate flow, or who are younger, or have not experienced intercourse. Size two is better suited for those who have given birth vaginally or engaged in intercourse. It is simply folded similar to a tampon and inserted for use during your menstrual cycle.
The Lunette cup isn’t “changed” during your cycle, it is emptied, washed and reinserted for continued comfortable use. In order to wash your cup you’ll want to use the mildest, perfume and oil-free cleanser you have, or use the fantastic Lunette Liquid Wash, designed specifically for use with the cup.
- You’ll never run out or find yourself out and about needing a tampon or a pad. The Lunette has you covered! You simply empty it, wash it and reuse it!
- It’s an eco-friendly solution to your menstrual cycle. There is nothing to throw away day after day each month you have your period. You use the cup over and over.
- The menstrual cup is lifestyle friendly and by that I mean you can continue with sports, you can even sleep naked and have oral pleasures if you and your partner so choose!
- You save money! The Lunette’s cost is approximately $40. You buy it once and use it over and over. No monthly fees for being a woman! 😉
- It’s easy to use and SAFE! When you use disposable products for your menstrual cycle you are subjecting yourself to the chemicals in those products. With the menstrual cup, there are none.
If you’ve never tried the menstrual cup I highly recommend it as a way to go green! I use cloth pads, too and it pairs great with those on heavier flow days.
What questions do you have about menstrual cups?