This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsClubMag #CollectiveBias
As a busy mama I know first handed how difficult it is to stay on top of my health goals. We all strive to keep our goals, you know…those goals we all started January 1? August is Health Awareness Month so it’s a great time to check yourself on your family’s goals! Back to school time is a great time to make sure you are on track with things and if you’ve gotten off track, it’s a great time to refocus! Throughout the year I have to check myself on my goals to stay on track so I wanted to share some ways you can stay on top of your health goals with the help of Sam’s Club and the Health Living Made Simple Magazine.
We’ve been Sam’s Club members for about a year now and I don’t know how we survived without them. With a family of five being able to do some of our shopping at Sam’s we are able to save money and make things go a long way while at the same time staying on track with our health goals.
Often times I find myself struggling to stay on top of my health goals. We mamas are so busy that it’s easy to forget about our own goals when we get so busy with our families. That’s why today I want to go over some tips that help me stay on track. Yes, I write things down and refer back to them when it feels like I’m slipping. Here are the things that help me:
5 Tips to Stay on Top of Your Health Goals
1) Staying hydrated is sometimes hard. I admit I am not a water lover and would prefer a sweet tasting soda or tea! BUT, alas I do need to stay hydrated and drink water daily. I also need to drink water as an example to my kids. If they see me drink it, they tend to want it more! I often add fruit or essential oils to my water to give it some taste so I’ll enjoy it more. I also buy cute water bottles to try and make it enjoyable as possible. 😉 If we need to drink water, why not make it cute!?
2) Keep healthy snacks readily available! I am a snacker and it’s easy to grab something unhealthy if it’s around. I try to NOT buy unhealthy snacks and instead keep fruit and nut type snacks around. I also love granola with dark chocolate chips added as a treat! Snacks are great to grab from Sam’s Club because they come in larger quantities for our large family but also give us plenty of snacks so we need not worry about running out and grabbing something unhealthy!
Sam’s Club has a great selection of snacks that are healthy and beneficial to our families. They are not only great for having around the house but great for tossing into lunches when we are off to work or school!
3) Vitamins/Supplements and exercise are vital to my health goals. I personally have low vitamin D and need extra to stay healthy. Vitamin C is another thing we keep in the house, especially with school starting and germs being everywhere. Sam’s Club gives us the ability to stay on top of this goal by providing us with bulk quantities at affordable prices to keep our family healthy! To be honest, I do have to set a reminder on my phone to remember to take my vitamins and to make sure everyone in my family takes their vitamins daily. It may seem strange, but whatever it takes to keep my family on top of our health goals is what I’ll do!
Exercise can be easy but can also be hard. With three little ones I find myself outside a lot with them in the summer months, however, I do have to check myself once back to school hits. It’s easy to get caught up in the busy days and not make time for exercise. It’s so important to make the time, even 15 minutes a day will make a difference! Vow with me to do that — 15 minutes a day, okay? WE CAN DO IT!
4) Health screenings are a great way to help you stay on top of your goals. You want to make sure you are aware of what’s going on with yourself so a screening is a great way to stay on track. You can do this right at your local Sam’s Club where screenings are available to members every month! My hubby and I have taken advantage of these screenings several times throughout the year. Visit Sam’s Club September 12 for your free health screening!
5) Stay on top of the latest news when it comes to your health and the health of your family. Sam’s Club has a Health Living Made Simple Magazine where you can get so much amazing information! These magazines provide not only product information, but health information for children, adults, pets…everything your family needs! I love reading the articles about health, exercise, welnnes, nutrition and all in quick, easy to read articles great for busy mamas! You can even download the app free of charge and read at your convenience. I know a big time for reading with me is in the car when hubby is driving and this app makes staying on top of the health news in the magazine easy!