Everyone loves a good dessert, right? I have a weakness for desserts actually. It’s bad. Or good, however you want to view it! 😉 These Carrot Caramel Cupcakes really make my mouth water just thinking about them! They are the perfect summer treat….or autumn, especially for upcoming fall parties!! These are comfort food for cool fall days, for sure!
Promise me you’ll make these for a party this fall!? You’ll love them and so will all of your friends and family! Carrot cake and caramel belong together just like peanut butter and jelly! 😉 These Carrot Caramel Cupcakes are a favorite amongst my friends!
Carrot Caramel Cupcakes – Instructions and Ingredients
Here are the ingredients and instructions you’ll want to bookmark for easy access, or you can Pin this post, too!
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 C finely chopped pecans
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp caramel extract
- 2 TBSP finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Beat sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl on medium until well blended.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and salt on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and pecans then stir to mix well.
- Scoop batter into the lined cupcake tins 2/3 s full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in cupcake pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn't cream add the heavy whipping cream.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak.
- If not add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time.
- Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- Add caramel extract and pecan... stir to mix in frosting.
- Scoop the frosting into a large pastry bag with a frosting tip.
- Twist open end of the pastry bag to push frosting to the tip.
- Test to make sure the chopped pecans can make it through the frosting tip>
- Frost cupcakes.
Easy enough, right? I don’t think it’s too difficult and for some Carrot Caramel Cupcakes it’s worth the work! Once you try these, come back and tell me how they turned out and what you thought!