Do you love rice pudding? Are you looking for a healthier alternative? Are you looking for ways to get more quinoa into your diet? This quinoa pudding recipe may be just what you need!
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups milk (more may be needed)
1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
dash of salt
1/2 cup Raisins (optional)
Quinoa Pudding Instructions:
- In a strainer wash thoroughly the quinoa with cold water. Rinse and let it drain for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine the quinoa, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Do not cover the lid all the way. Steam needs to escape or else it will boil again.
- Stir every couple of minutes. Check on the liquid. You may need to add 1/2 cup of milk.
- Remove the lid add the raisins and keep it simmering for another 10 minutes until it has thickened. Check on the consistency. If you like the pudding more on the liquid side you can add 1/4 cup of milk.
- Remove from heat. Divide into bowls and allow it to cool before serving. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. It will keep thickening as it cools.