The weather is getting warmer and it’s time to start cooking out and eating “summer” food! I love BBQ foods, various salads, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries and iced tea – all things that I tend to splurge on in the warmer months. I also love that hubby tends to cook more in the warmer months since he loves to grill so I get a lot of breaks! 😉 Aside from cookouts, we also love to have picnics with the kids. A new favorite of mine to eat with cookouts or on picnics is this Corn Salad with Honey Lime Dressing! It’s delicious!
Not only is is delicious, but it’s easy to make – a must for this busy mama! With only a handful of ingredients and a bit of time in the fridge, it’s ready to eat! Here’s what you’ll need and how you can prepare this awesome summer side dish with dressing!
- 2 ears fresh corn, cooked
- 1 half of english cucumber, finely diced
- 5 radishes, finely diced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/4 parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together until combined.
- Pour over salad, toss and allow to sit in fridge for at least 1 hour.