This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MarchIntoSavings #CollectiveBias
Spring Break isn’t far away and if you have a trip planned, or will be planning a last minute one you’ll want to read this! We all could use some extra spending money for vacation so I’ve put together some tips for ways to save money for spring break! I recently wrote about my upcoming trip to San Francisco so I’m putting these steps into action now so I can have extra spending money while I’m there. I’m already staring at pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge on my monitor! 😉
- First, put yourself on a budget if you aren’t already on one. When you keep track of your money it’s much easier to see just where the wasted money goes and where you can cut dollars. There are numerous apps available in the Google Play store that can help you budget right on your phone!
- Once you’ve written everything down and gotten yourself on a budget you have to look at ways you can cut spending. This is a big one and there are so many ways you can cut spending. One way we’ve cut spending is by cutting out leisurely things now to have fun later! It doesn’t have to be forever, you can temporarily cut out the extras to save some money! You can also shop around when it comes to many services, including your cell phone service.We have a mobile store right in the front of our local Walmart and they offer very affordable service from Walmart Family Mobile. The service is just $29.88/month (for the first line) Unlimited Talk, Text & Data service plan which includes up to 500MB of 4G LTE data!
We recently purchased the Alcatel OneTouch Evolve 2, the starter kit and the monthly service all for about the same price as we would have paid for a month of just service elsewhere! The monthly rate with Walmart Family Mobile will save a ton by itself!
The phone is a great way to save money. It still offers many things the more expensive phones offer: Apps, web browsing, Wi-Fi capability, a 5 MP camera, a 4″ touchscreen and a 1.3 GHz Dual-Core Processor!
- Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/aafid or your local Walmart for current pricing.
You can also contact your cable and internet provider to see if they have any specials going on. Many times if you’ve not called in a while, they’ve not looked at your account to make sure you have the best value. A few months back I did this and they lowered my bill by $50 a month just by changing us to a new plan they were offering!
There it is…that famous coffee cup that sits on my desk when I decide to splurge. Do you know how much money you can save just by cutting out the coffee stops each morning and making coffee at home? Remember: sacrifice now for fun later! 😉 You can also cut out date nights for a month, movies in general, eating out, and visits to the mall (because you know you’ll buy something you don’t need!).
- Still need more ways to save money? Your grocery bill can be a big one, too! For my family of 6, I spend approximately $150 a week on groceries, sometimes more. We’ve done things like a Meatless Monday theme to save money on groceries where we’ll eat veggie omelets or veggies with pasta and Italian dressing! You can also chose to have a pantry week where you pledge to eat things only from the pantry to use everything up!
- Another way to make some extra money quick is by selling things you no longer need. You know, those things that have been sitting around your house being neglected? You can list things for sale in Facebook groups, on EBay, and various other sites! It’s a great way to get some extra money quick!
- The weather is finally getting warmer (thank God!!) so it’s the perfect time to take public transportation or ride your bike so save on gas money. You won’t only be saving green (as in money), but you’ll be more green environmentally, too! 😉
Spring break is quickly approaching and I know I’m looking forward to lots of fun! I’m taking a trip to San Francisco, and although it’s blog/work related, I am going to enjoy it! Having extra spending money is going to ensure that I can do things that come up, I can buy a snack or meal that I’ve never tried and buy souvenirs for my family. The extra money will also help with transportation to and from the airport…an expense that we don’t always remember to account for!
I’ve shared how I plan to spend my savings during spring break. What are your plans for spring break? Leave a comment below!