I love baking. I don’t get time to do it often, but I absolutely love it! I recently went to a blogging event and there was a cookie contest and I told my oldest son that I was participating because I enjoyed baking, not because I was expecting to win. After all, I’m not a GREAT baker. He said, “watch, you’ll win”….and he was right! I couldn’t believe it, but my Oreo Peppermint cookies won the grand prize that night! So…I thought I’d share the deliciousness with you!
These make a great recipe for holiday parties, school baking sales and just as gifts to give to your friends and family! Oreo Peppermint cookies have just the perfect amount of peppermint flavor for the holidays!
- 1 Stick of Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix
- 1/2 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Oreo Chunks (with the middle part of cookies included)
- 1 Cup Andres Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mix together the cake mix, melted butter, egg and peppermint and vanilla extracts.
- Once the dough forms, add the cream cheese and mix until well blended together.
- Stir in the Andes Mint baking chips and then the chocolate chips.
- Last, mix in the Oreo pieces. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into balls and bake at 350 degrees for exactly 9 minutes.
- Take out of oven, let sit for a few minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet and put on cooling rack.
- This recipe should make approximately 36 cookies.