This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
This year we’ve added one more person to our family. Annie was born early in the year and I’ve really discovered just how important planning is to prevent stress when I have a family of six. With the holidays soon arriving, I’ve been planning like crazy just to make sure there is no unwanted stress that can easily come with the holidays. This year, I’ve implemented the help of the ZTE Zinger from Walmart Family Mobile with the lowest priced unlimited plans to have a stress free holiday!
Tips to Have a Stress Free Holiday
- Communication is vital! With the planning of multiple Thanksgiving and Christmas family gatherings we have to stay in touch when planning. We have to have communication regularly with the other families involved. My husband has two siblings, I have two siblings, so along with our parents we have a minimum of four households to make sure are all on the same page – and that’s four on each side of the family and that’s IF no extended relatives are coming. My entire family is out of state and a few of my husband’s relatives are as well. We absolutely have to talk on the phone, text and email about the planning details. If certain relatives are unable to make it for our holiday gathering, it’s vital that we have a way to talk to them and include them in the event. Our ZTE Zinger allows us to do just that. This year I picked up the ZTE Zinger and a Walmart Family Mobile plan at my local Walmart to help keep communication stress free. The plan is only $34.88 for unlimited talk, text and web! I’ve found that Walmart Family Mobile’s plans are the lowest priced unlimited plans out there! No worrying at all about going over any limits – one less thing to stress about this holiday season! This Thanksgiving I am #Thankful4Savings on my phone plan! 😉
- Sync Calendars – With six people in the family it can be tough to keep track of everyone’s schedules. The ZTE Zinger has an awesome calendar that I am able to input everything from our family calendar! I can see everything on-the-go and when I need access to it, it’s there at my fingertips! If I get a text or email about a family event when I’m not home I have to know what’s going on that day so I can reply in a timely manner and not hold up the plans. I also have my husband and oldest son input most things in their calendars, too in case they need to know what’s going on.
- Meal Planning – Meal planning takes time. It really does. Especially when you are like me and you get tangled up in Pinterest looking for new recipes to try so the family doesn’t get bored with the same old things. It is worth the time it takes! I plan meals for 1-2 weeks at a time and then make my grocery list from the plans. It cuts down on frivolous spending at the grocery store and it reduces so much stress knowing everyday what dinner will be instead of waiting til that night and asking what everyone wants and then trying to figure out if we have the ingredients needed. Meal planning is so helpful and this time of year, that one little thing can make a big difference in your stress levels. I’ve installed a meal planning app on my ZTE Zinger and have been able to work on meal plans on-the-go or at work, too! It saves time and makes my life easier!
- Keep To-Do Lists – Yes, I am one of those people. I write/type everything that needs to be done! I don’t know if I could function without a list. lol Well, I probably could but I would be one forgetful mama! My experience with lists is that it creates a stress free holiday! No matter what it is, a list for the grocery store, a list of things that need to be done prior to a holiday, or even a list of who is coming to dinner. It will make your life less stressful if you make a list. My Walmart Family Mobile phone makes this easy, too! I can make the list, add things whenever I think about them so I don’t forget them and then access the list at any time because my phone is ALWAYS with me! This time of year, I always sit with the kids individually and help them make a list, too. It’s a “What I’m thankful for” list. I want them to appreciate things in their lives. I want them to realize their blessing and be thankful for them so we make a list that they share proudly with family on the holiday. We also make lists for each person coming to the event telling them what about them we are thankful for.
- Stress Away Essential Oil – the four things above should give you a stress free holiday. If the day arrives though and you feel a bit of anxiety, the last thing I can recommend is some Stress Away Essential oil! I use my Young Living oil and it’s definitely a peaceful way to calm myself in a stressful situation.
The lowest priced unlimited plans from Walmart Family Mobile definitely help me in having a stress free holiday! If you are looking to get a plan from Walmart Family Mobile, take note of these Holiday rollbacks that started earlier this week:
- *ZTE ZMAX-$179.88 (was $199.88)
- Alcatel Evolve 2- $49.88 (was $59.88)
- Samsung Exhibit- $79.88 (was $99.88)
- Nokia Lumia 635- $99.88 (was $129.88)
- Launch of the new Samsung Galaxy Avant- $199.88
It’s so important to remain organized and in control of everything your family has going on. Plan ahead and enjoy your holidays!
What tips can you add to this list to have a stress free holiday?
Thank you to #CollectiveBias for making this partnership with Walmart Family Mobile possible.