This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BalanceRewards #CollectiveBias
Having had three kids in the past four years, I’ve been pretty busy with life. I know that I haven’t focused on getting in shape or being as healthy as I need to be. Now I am determined to make changes. I am going to make healthy choices in life and even with very little time, I’m going to make small changes to make big differences. My health goals will start out simple and progress from there.
Every day in my life is busy. I rarely get time to relax. Many of us mamas can say that though, can’t we? I get up early, go to work and sometimes work 8-10 hours. I go home, cook dinner, and get the kids ready for bed. By the time that’s all done, I’m exhausted and ready for bed myself. I’ve realized that if I were healthier and making healthier choices I would feel better and could get more done. Mamas, we are busy, but we must take care of ourselves! We’ve been members of the Walgreens Balance Rewards program for some time now and I’ve always appreciated the money we save with the plan. I knew it was a broad program, but little did I know that they have just what I need to get busy with my health goals: a section of the app that will allow me to keep track of my healthy choices and goals. I’ve had their app downloaded for a while but I did not know about the BR for healthy choices section of the app.
The BR for healthy choices section of the app allows me to keep track of things like walking and weight goals (weight managment, too), pill reminders (I use this for vitamin reminders), blood pressure, pulse and more! It’s so easy to use and I’ve found it a great help in keeping me on track with my goals. It it’s all “written” down, I have to look at it and take accountability for my actions! You can even connect your devices to help you keep track of your goals! Not only that, but when I enter and reach my goals, I get #BalanceRewards points!!
The healthy choices I am making will definitely help me in meeting my health goals. These health goals will help me tremendously even though they are small steps:
- Drink more water – I have a problem: I don’t like water. I know, I know, as a nursing mama I need to drink lots of it. I have a hard time doing that but I’ve committed to drinking 100 ounces of water each day.
- Take vitamins daily – this is something I forget too often, to be honest. With how busy I am I don’t take them daily.
- Snack healthier – I like to snack. Yes, this is another confession because I like to snack on things that are not good for me. I’ve recognized that and will be making an effort to snack healthier with things like nuts and fruit bars, fruit and granola.
- Walking – I used to be a runner, believe it or not. I miss running terribly. I want to get back to it, but realistically I know I can’t start out running so I’ve added to my health goals to walk daily. I’ve bought a pedometer and will be having a goal with how many steps I take each day. If I see the number and have a goal in mind, it will be easier to get myself up and walking.
- Stairs, no elevator – At work, I do not work on the entry level of the building. Since I’ve had Annie and I’ve been more tired with more things to do at home, I’ve been lazier at work and have taken the elevator. As of last week, I’ve banned myself from the elevator. I WILL take the stairs every day, every time I need to go up or down in the building!
The best part is that I can keep track of many of these goals right on the Balance Rewards app! I made a trip to our local Walgreens to get some things I needed for my healthy choices and I was pleasantly surprised at all of the healthier options they had!
I picked up some Prenatal Vitamins (since I am still nursing), some water for my desk at work, and some healthier snacks for work. I choose not to take supplements (such as meal replacements) because I am nursing, but I can eat better and less fattening snacks and meals. Walgreens really does have a wide selection of things that will help keep me on track with my healthy choices!
The Balance Rewards for healthy choices feature helps keep me accountable and makes living a healthier life easy by allowing me to set health goals, track my progress and allowing me to do so all on my iPhone! Make sure you are registered for Balance Rewards and start tracking your progress today!
Thank you for Walgreens and #CollectiveBias for inspiring me to make healthier choices!