Thanks to Kleenex + Walmart for sponsoring today’s discussion and for keeping dorm rooms stylish!
Remembering my days in a college dorm is always fun! It makes me that more excited for those family members and friends we know who are off to college, as freshman, this fall. It’ll be here before we know it and preparations by all are already in progress. Since we do have so many going to college this fall in our family, including our own son, I wanted to put together a fun list of dorm room essentials so I headed to our local Walmart Supercenter.
There are many, many things that can make that bland dorm room feel more like home. Some small touches, like the limited edition Kleenex Expression Oval Facial Tissue Chevron Designs will help in making your college’s student’s space feel more comfy. I was thrilled to find the Chevron designs in red, yellow, blue and green! Having grown up in Ohio, I am a big Ohio State fan, as is my new college freshman! Living in Michigan, we have several friends whose kids will be attending the University of Michigan (maize and blue) and Michigan State (green). These are definitely going in care package for these students to match their school colors! I love it!!
About Kleenex Expression Oval Facial Tissue Chevron Designs
- Chevron designs are a limited Back to School edition with Walmart
- Kleenex Expressions oval box designs in touch with your style
- 2-ply facial tissue
- Kleenex Expressions Tissues are available in 64ct oval boxes
Not only did I think of my college days and things that I needed in my dorm room, I thought of the three rooms we all need and made my list of essentials from there. The three rooms we all regularly use when living at home are the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. With this much stuff to consider, Walmart was definitely the right choice!
Here’s my list of dorm room essentials for those family members going to college this fall:
- Slippers – I remember the floors being not so clean when I was in the dorms at school. I was so happy to have slip ons to put on when I needed to go to the common areas.
- Blender – Yes, there’s a place to eat on campus, but having a blender in your room allows your to make so many things at any hour – perfect for those all nighters!
- Refrigerator – You need a place to have snacks and drinks for round the clock!
- Microwave – Lots of studying will be going on and lots of pizza will be ordered, you need a place to heat it up!
- Laptop – Definitely a necessity in school these days.
- TV – We all need breaks and TVs allow for such a variety with gaming systems, streaming services, etc. College students will appreciate a TV readily available for their personal time.
- Bedding – I remember walking into my dorm for the first time and seeing just how bare it was. No sheets, curtains, nothing. A comfy and stylish bedding set is a must! Walmart has this amazing Ohio State bedding set for my son, not to mention many, many others to match the Kleenex Chevron designs!
- Towels – Having new towels was something I really appreciated in college. It’s a cozy, comfy thing. And you definitely need more than one because who knows what kind of messes will be made and when a towel will be grabbed quickly to clean it up!
- Shower Caddy – When I was in college, the bathroom was shared by about 10 girls and wasn’t IN my room. It was down the hall so having a shower caddy to carry everything in was definitely part of my dorm room essentials.
- A plush bedrest pillow is something I loved having! It’s comfy, helps sit up in bed to study and is great to lean against when relaxing and watching TV!
In addition to these essentials, don’t forget to grab the small things that will make the room homey, also! The Kleenex Expressions Oval Facial Tissue Chevron Designs are available for a limited time and can be found in the Back to School, Back to College, and/or tissue section of Walmart Supercenters.
This Kleenex style is one I’m in love with! I adore the chevron print and so do my nieces who are returning to their dorm rooms soon! My soon-to-be college freshman son even said “they’re cool”! And look above…my 4 year old loves them too, he keeps taking some Kleenex out of the box! 😉 This decorative tissue box is getting use not only in dorm rooms this fall, but in my house too because I love it!