I LOVE Chinese food. It seems it is rather difficult to find good Chinese food where I live so I thought I’d try making some of my own! I made some Sesame Chicken a few months back that turned out pretty good. I’ve made it a few times since trying to perfect the recipe and this is what I’ve come up with! I hope you enjoy it! <3
Note: I don’t usually make enough to have left overs so if you’d like left overs or if you need to serve more than 2-3 adults you may want to double this recipe.
Sweet Sesame Chicken Ingredients
1-2 tsp Olive Oil
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 tsp Minced Garlic
3 tbsp Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Corn Starch
Pepper to taste (I used two pinches and spread over the chicken before adding sauce)
Sesame Seeds to taste
1) Cut chicken into 1/2″-1″ sections
2) Heat skillet with Olive Oil.
3) Add the chicken pieces and the minced garlic.
4) Cook until chicken is browned.
5) While chicken is cooking mix the following ingredients in a bowl: brown sugar, honey, chicken stock, soy sauce, ground ginger, and corn starch. Mix until there are no lumps from the ginger and corn starch.
6) Once the chicken is browned, add the sauce mixture and reduce heat. Cook until sauce begins to thicken and simmer for approximately 6-8 minutes. The sauce will thicken more, you can continue to stir during this time. Once you are happy with the thickness of the sauce top with Sesame Seeds and serve with rice and/or broccoli.