Across U.S. households, parents suffer from widespread “lunchbox preparation fatigue” yet the majority of kids complain of being bored by the lack of variety in their lunches. To tackle the challenges and complaints of adults and children, the four leading natural and organic companies teamed up to create “Rock the Lunch Box”, a free resource that delivers ideas, tips and coupons for natural and organic products just in time for back to school. The website includes:
- 52 lunch ideas for what to pack– from gluten-free to nut free and vegetarian choices
- Informative, short video clips by parents that explain how to keep menus creative, packing time short, and involve kids and more
- Ideas for staying connected to children during the day via notes and lunchbox messages
- Tips for a healthy lunch when dealing with a picky eater or allergies
The collaborative site enables parents to share their lunch preparation systems, learn from others and benefit via:
- Exploring lunchbox favorites and recipes of other like-minded parents
- Submitting “too cool for school” lunchbox ideas and be entered to win a lunch sack full of goodie packs from each participating company
- Saving up to $2.00 with coupons from Annie’s, Honest Tea, Organic Valley and Stonyfield
What ideas do you have for lunches? This fall LA will be off to preschool and I am looking very forward to trying creative lunches to keep him interested in eating foods that are good for him! Take a look at a few of the lunches I recently created as part of the Rock the Lunchbox campaign:
We are rockin’ the lunch box above with an Honest Kids Appley Ever After drink, a YoKids Lemonade Squeezer (great frozen, too!), PB&J triangles, Annie’s Organic Cheddar Bunnies mixed with Annie’s Organic Fruit Snacks, mandarin oranges with a heart topped pick for easy eating, and an Organic Valley String Cheese Snack!
This fun toddler lunch contains the Honest Kids Super Fruit Punch to drink, Organic Valley Colby Jack Cheese and Grape Heart Kabobs, Stonyfield’s YoKids Strawberry Vanilla yogurt with sprinkles, a heart shaped PB&J sandwich and “s’mores” made from Annie’s Organic Graham Bunnies, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows!
It really is easy to make lunch fun! Check out the Rock the Lunchbox website for more information and enter below to win some great supplies for those lunches!
GIVEAWAY TIME! One lucky winner will receive a special “Rock the Lunchbox” lunch sack filled with coupons and/or products from the four brands (Stonyfield, Annie’s, Honest Kids, and Organic Valley). Fill out the entry form below for your chance to win!