Disclosure: I was provided with a trip to Hollywood to attend the Monsters University premiere in exchange for my honest opinion on this and various topics that will be covered in the coming weeks. All opinions are 100% my own and are not influenced in any way.
Wow! I can’t believe it’s over already! It seemed like it took forever to get here and when I was actually in California, time just flew! It was amazing! Now, I get to tell you in more detail everything I did while there! The first thing we attended that I am so excited to tell you about is the Monsters University premiere! There was a tailgating party prior to the premiere of the movie and I want to share my top five moments from the evening with you!
There were 25 bloggers who attended this event. We all arrived at the Sharaton Universal during the day Monday. Well, all but two of us. Unfortunately two of the bloggers had trouble with delayed flights and arrived late. I personally arrived at the hotel between 1-2 pm. We were to be ready to go at 4:30 so I had some time to order room service for lunch and then get ready for the big
red blue carpet event. Once we were ready we all boarded a shiny black party bus to commute to the party being held right on Hollywood Boulevard! Once we arrived I could have sworn I was in a dream! There were so many exciting moments of the night! Take a look at what made my top five moments of the night!
1) The blue carpet! I never thought I would walk the red carpet. Well, I still haven’t but I have walked the BLUE carpet and it was amazing! It is an amazing feeling arriving in the middle of a crowd of people and getting to walk down the blue carpet to the event!
2) Standing under the theater sign. I have always heard about the El Capitan Theatre and it has been a dream of mine to watch a movie in this iconic theater. There was nothing like standing there looking at the beautiful sign and the big Monsters University promo RIGHT THERE above me and realizing that I wasn’t dreaming…I was instead living my dream!
3) The tailgating party! Who doesn’t love a good party?! I can now say that I’ve attended a party with the stars! It was very cool seeing celebrities, getting to eat amazing foods, having lots of fun with friends, hearing an amazing band and more! The event really was out. of. this. world. Disney went above and beyond when putting together this party!
4) I mentioned above that meeting the celebrities was very cool! I have to add in one particular meeting as one of my top five moments! YOU GUYS!!!!! I MET SCOTTIE PIPPIN! I used to be so in love with Scottie Pippin when he played for the Bulls. Wow. It was awesome meeting him, although I was pretty shy and didn’t really talk to him….but I did get a photo thanks to my new blogging friend, Ana! 😉 Thanks, Ana!
Other than Scottie Pippin, I met or saw the following stars: Jared from the Subway commercials, Wayne Brady, Ed Bagley Jr., Billy Crystal, Desmond Howard!!! There were many others there and some that I probably saw and didn’t recognize…boo!
5) The theater fun and screening. When we all piled into the El Capitan Theatre there was an organist playing some amazing music! After that there was a bit of a pep rally with the cheerleaders, music, and lots of confetti! And then it happened…we saw Monsters University! EEEK!!! It was an amazing movie and definitely makes my top five moments of the night but I can’t tell you about the movie just yet! You’ll have to come back tomorrow to hear the details about that part! 😉
Have you ever attended a “red carpet” event? What would your favorite part of the night have been?
Thank you, Disney for an amazing night!!