If you’ve been around the internet/texting world, you’ve probably seen someone say “FML”. For those of you who don’t know what it means, it means “F*** My Life!”. Yes, you read that correctly.
I am personally disgusted by those three letters. We ALL have moments in our lives where things go wrong. We all have moments that we want to cry. It’s part of being an adult. Life involves good things and bad things. We get through them. We move on.
When you really think about what those three words together mean, do you REALLY mean that? Most of the time I doubt it. People just say it because it has become another “hip” internet/texting term like LOL but it’s meaning is far different than LOL. Mamas, I understand 100% being upset and feeling like the world around you has collapsed, but FML??? No, never.
Most of us are mamas. Most of my “blogging” buddies are mamas. Would YOU want YOUR CHILD saying that? Would it have a far different meaning if he/she were to say it? I think as a mama if you would hear your child being upset and saying something like that, YOU would immediately be concerned. Am I right? So why do we as adults say something like that and think it’s ok?
I want to turn this around because I honestly cannot think of anything bad enough that would make me feel like saying “F*** My Life!!!” Instead of saying that and making it seem like you hate your life, look at all of the reasons you have to say LML! Yes, that’s my new term/internet texting slag for “LOVE MY LIFE”!!!
I challenge you to make a list of things that make you exclaim “LML” and if you are a blogger, please link up and let’s spread the positive message to mamas everywhere! If you aren’t a blogger, please comment below and tell me why you LOVE YOUR LIFE!!
These are just a few reasons why, no matter what circumstances arise, I LOVE MY LIFE!
- God – without Him I wouldn’t be able to look at my life and appreciate every tiny thing about it. Without Him I would be lost. Without Him, I wouldn’t be the mama or wife that I am.
- Our children. Need I say more? They make every day a joy.
- My husband. He’s amazing and I am so in love with him.
- Our family. As messed up as some things can get, family is family and you can’t change that. I am so thankful for mine.
- Our home. We are blessed because we have a house to live in.
- Our vehicles. We are blessed because we have a car to get to work and anywhere else we need/want to go.
- My blog. It is time consuming and stressful some days but we have been blessed by my blog.
- My sight, hearing, and walking ability, without which I wouldn’t be able to thoroughly enjoy being a mama.
- Our health. So many people don’t have that simple thing.
- Our kids’ smiles. They brighten the world.
There you have it: 10 reasons why I LML!!! It took me less than five minutes to come up with that list. When I think of those things, I can’t even mutter the letters FML. Mamas, when you feel like you wanna say FML!, think of things like these. We really do have so many things to be thankful for and so many reasons to say LML!!
Link up and tell me why YOU LOVE YOUR LIFE! I can’t wait to hear! Oh, and if you wanna add the linky to your post you can get the InLinkz code!