Being a “mommy blogger” and participating in various groups I see “mommy wars” all too often. It’s time we stop the madness and start to support one another. We have differences; no one is exactly the same as another person and I thank God for that! It’s time we stop judging one another and let each mama make decisions that are right for HER family.
Jen fromLife With Levi shared this great photo on her Facebook fan page Wednesday. What happened after that is something I am sure she never expected. All she wanted to prove with this photo is that we are all different but we all love our babies. What came out of it were many rude and ugly comments and arguments galore. A simple reminder turned into an ugly battle of mamas against mamas.
The heated rants led to Jen and a friend discussing just what makes them “crappy” parents. Jen posted about what makes her a crappy parent so I thought I would join her and confess what makes me a crappy mama!
Things I do that make me a crappy mama:
1) I give in when my 2 year old whines or cries. I give him his way. Often.
2) I cloth diaper part of the time and use disposable diapers part of the time.
3) I try to rid our home of as many chemicals as I can by using natural cleaners.
4) I let my 2 year old eat macaroni and cheese almost daily because he doesn’t eat much else.
5) I have breastfed all three of my kids: my oldest for 10 months, LA for 12 months and Addy is still going strong at 7 months.
6) I let my 2 year old watch Elmo.
7) I kiss my kids daily. Many times.
8) I never drank a caffeinated beverage when I was pregnant with my oldest, but did with both of my youngest.
9) On my off-of-work days if we don’t have anywhere to go, we stay in our jammies as long as possible.
10) LA slept in our bedroom for only 4 weeks and then started sleeping in his crib. Addy was 4 months but we still co-sleep after she wakes up to eat in the middle of the night.
11) I let my son play with a Little Tikes kitchen and shopping cart.
12) I didn’t use organic anything with my oldest son. I use more organic with Addy than I did with either of my boys. Mostly when it comes to clothes.
13) I use only organic baby food and Addy didn’t get any til she was 6 months old. LA was 5.5 months.
14) I pray with my kids and will always teach them about God and Jesus.
15) I vaccinate my children.
16) My husband and I decided together to circumcise both of our boys.
17) I sing to my kids and laugh with them.
18) I discipline my children.
19) My two year old son has never had a hair cut and often gets referred to as “she”.
20) My 16 year old got a cell phone when he was 9.
21) I flirt with and kiss my husband in front of our children.
22) I don’t cook as often as I should. In fact, since I had Addy, we’ve eaten out more than in.
23) Listening to my children laugh is the best thing in the world, no matter what it takes to make them laugh. Yup, I can get pretty entertaining to make them laugh.
24) I work outside of the home and don’t spend as much time with my kids as I want to.
25) Big brother and LA love sweets. They get it from their mama.
26) We got Addy’s ears pierced when she turned 6 months old. Her doctor pierced them.
27) We use mostly jarred baby food because I don’t want to take any more time away from my babies to make all of her baby food.
I could go on and on with this list. I am not the best parent in the world but my children are amazing and I think my husband and I have done a great job. I am beyond proud of my 16 year old son and my 2 year old and even my 7 month old baby girl, even though she can’t even talk yet! My point is, as was Jen’s point, we all make our own decisions and that doesn’t make us crappy parents! We all love our kids. We all do our own things. Embrace each other’s differences and STOP JUDGING PEOPLE! As long as our children are loved, safe and nurtured, there is no wrong way.
Tired of all the mommy war drama? Let’s celebrate our different parenting styles and share all the things that make us (NOT) crappy moms. Please link up your posts here and stop by to support each other!
Want to display this linky on your post? Click here to grab the code.