Well, when I started the Go Green Get Fit Challenge I was really motivated to make some changes in my life. I wanted to exercise, lose weight and eat healthier.
I hate admitting when I fail to accomplish something, but I am going to have to admit it. These were my initial goals when I started this challenge in June:
My Goals for this Challenge:
1) Exercise (most likely walking) four times each week.
2) Increase my walking distance so that at the end of this 12 weeks journey I’ll be able to walk 6 miles without a problem!
3) Eat more meals at home with healthier ingredients.
4) Lose a total of 25 pounds throughout this 12 weeks.
5) Run again….I don’t have a distance in mind, I just want to start running again and I want to feel like I can do it without passing out because I am so out of shape!
6) Find an event to complete near the end of this challenge, a 5k walk or something similar.
So basically I am incredibly disappointed in myself because I didn’t meet one of the goals. Although I have made strides and made some great changes that Iam happy about, I haven’t completed any of the above goals. This will be an ongoing effort on my part and I am rather sad the challenge has come to an end without me accomplishing at least one thing. Here’s the truth in what I’ve accomplished:
1) I STARTED exercising and have been doing so 2-3 times each week. This is something I am happy with, as prior to this challenge, I wasn’t exercising at all.
2) I have increased my walking distance, but not to the six mile goal I had. I can walk about 2.5 -3 miles now.
3) I JUST recently started really trying to attain this goal and in fact I’ve started a weekly menu post that goes live on Monday with my plan for the week. I know that having it written down and being accountable for it will help. We have been eating at home more often but we still aren’t where I want to be. If there could just be 3 more hours in the day it would be easier!
4) The weight loss…I am going to consider this an accomplishment, although it wasn’t what I had hoped for. I lost a total of 12 pounds and I am happy with that. I know it takes time and I know the more dedication I get, the more weight will come off.
5) I wanted to run again. #fail – need I say more?
6) I wanted to take part in an event. #fail again.
As I said, I was rather disappointed in my failing to meet my goals, but with the craziness (of being busy) that’s been going on in the past months I am thrilled that I have AT LEAST lost some weight and I get some exercising in each week. I am also thrilled at my newly found motivation to make sure we eat at home more often. Follow me on that goal each Monday as I post our weekly menu plans and tell you how we did the week before!
Did you take part in the Go Green Get Fit Challenge? How did you do? Did you accomplish your goals? Tell me all about it, I’d love to hear!
Win! Fill out the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win $250 in eco-fitness products! Be sure to hurry and enter – this giveaway ends Sunday night (9/16) at midnight!