If you’ve been following my Menu Challenge Monday posts you know that I am challenged when it comes to not only cooking, but finding the time to cook. I was thrilled when I recently had the chance to try Progresso Recipe Starters because I knew it would make a great meal quicker! The meal I prepared was a big hit in our home so I can’t wait to share with you!
If you’ve not heard of Progresso Recipe Starters, listen up! These are great ways to add amazing flavor to your meals and to make a great meal quick! The Recipe Starters are available in the following flavors:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make dishes such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start delicious dishes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
The Progresso Recipe Starters kit I received for review included a small recipe book that I was so happy to see! I immediately looked at the recipes that were highlighted for the two Recipe Starters I received and found Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken. YUM!!! I am a fan of all those things, garlic, Parmesan and chicken so I was super excited!
What you’ll need:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 can Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Parmesan Basil Cooking Sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2/3 cup Progresso Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
2/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
Any additional sides you want.
Step 1: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Gently pound chicken pieces with meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2: In shallow dish, mix butter, 3 tablespoons of the Recipe Starters cooking sauce and the garlic powder.
I actually switched the ingredients to a larger dish when I mixed them but you can see the chicken being dipper above.
In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and cheese. After dipping chicken into butter mixture, then dip into bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet.
Step 3: Bake 12-15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut and coating is golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce until hot.
Serve chicken with pasta and sauce (and veggies!). Sprinkle with additional cheese and basil if desired.
The day I made this, it was also my neighbor’s birthday so I took a plate to her. She enjoyed it, my husband enjoyed it and I did too! It was a hit and we even ate the left overs the next night! I can’t wait to try more Progresso Recipe Starters! Stop by Progresso’s Facebook page and like them too for more great info! You can also click here for a .65 off Progresso Recipe Starters coupon to try yours today!
WIN IT! Want to try Progresso Recipe Starters for yourself? Fill out the entry form below for your chance to win! The prize package will include all of these things:
- Two cans of Progresso Recipe Starters
- $10 Gift Card to purchase your recipe ingredients
- Progresso Recipe Starters recipe book, including 5 recipes to get you started
- Baking dish
- Measuring Cups
- Sauce Scraper
Disclosure: The information, products and ProgressoTM Recipe StartersTM gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.