I can hardly believe that summer is almost over and that start of the school year is just around the corner! I know my husband is NOT happy about that, probably as unhappy as most kids are! He teaches and truly enjoys his summers off! I don’t blame him! As you and your children begin to gear up for the new school year, it is important to plan out school lunches together in order to discuss the best healthy choices that will still please your child. My husband sees his students waste lunches all the time because they do not like what was sent. Not only are they being wasteful, but they are not getting the nutrition and energy they need from their lunch.
Earth’s Best has a variety of products for your growing children that are delicious, nutritious and are also the perfect size to pop in a lunch box (or diaper bag like we do)! Earth’s Best Sunny Day Snack Bars are naturally sweetened cereal bars filled with real fruit! Sunny Day Snack Bars come in two delicious flavors, strawberry and apple and are individually wrapped, making them perfect for on-the-go kids. Our little guy is in love with these snacks, and I can’t say as I blame him! They are incredible! Yes, I’ve tried them too! Sunny Day Snack Bars are also excellent sources of calcium, iron, zinc and contain six B vitamins
Other back to school lunch tips include:
- When it comes to feeding children, finding a balance is very important. Adding different fruits like grapes, strawberries, blueberries and melons in a fruit salad to your child’s lunch is a great idea as bite size pieces are easier to chew and it may even look more visually appealing to your child.
- Stay away from sugary soft drinks. Include low-fat milk, water or 100% juice drinks like Earth’s Best juice boxes.
- Sending along carrot sticks? Put a little bit of veggie dip in a container as a fun addition on the side.
- Make it a healthy habit to go to the store at least once a week to stock up on necessary lunch items. Having a variety of items on hand will make the early morning planning process much easier.
- Instead of packing chips and cookies, try including whole wheat pretzels or crackers.
- Let your child feel like they are in control by offering them two healthy snack items to choose from. This gives them a choice while parents still maintain ultimate control.
Giveaway: Earth’s Best Sunny Day Snack Bars! Fill out the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win! Your little one will love these!