Wordless Wednesday ~ Do Not Disturb

This might be a boring WW to some of you, but it’s a big part of my life. I work outside of the house four days each week. Every day that I am at work this sign is a big part of my day. You see, I pump three times a day when I am at work so that baby Addy can have breast milk the next day that I am gone. I have only given baby Addy breast milk and hope that I’ll never have to give her formula. So…this sign is important to me. When this is one the door, it means that I’m doing my “mama work” when I am at work and I don’t want to be disturbed because this is the most important work of my day away from home!

Did you ever have to pump at work? How did it go?

New Wholesome Meals for Babies from Earth's Best and a Giveaway
Tuesday's Tastes on Second Base - A Funny and a Link Up

Comments

1. Melissa Ryan says:

I pumped from when I went back to work when my son was three months until the week he turned one. It was a long nine months. But so worth it. I ended up having over 100 oz of breast milk left over when I weaned him from bottles during the day and am donating that to a little boy whose mom can’t nurse. It makes it even more worthwhile. You are doing a great job working and pumping!

2. I never went back to work after having my 1st so I never had to pump at work. I bet you’re a pro at pumping now!!

3. Jennifer Leigh says:

I have had to pump on a bus 2x OY! I volunteered to be my oldest son’s chaperone for the Bronx Zoo almost 3 hours away. It was crazy hard to pump on a bus FILLED with 5th graders lol

4. Danielle Harper says:

Well I never had to pump at work because I quit my job before my maternity leave ended with my first…. I couldn’t handle the thought of leaving her. But I do pump to have extra breastmilk just in case there is an emergency, but I usually end up using it to mix with cereal and and other homemade baby food when that time comes 🙂

5. Carolyn Mc says:

I wish I could have that sign up every day. LOL
    Happy W/W!
    Carolyn
    Cookin’ for my Captain

6. OrangeHeroMama says:
  7. Full Time Mama says:

I was blessed to be able to be at home with my kids, but know if I had to work I’d def be pumping for them! Good for you!!!!! So glad you are able (and willing) to do this!

8. Mama Chocolate says:

I have been blessed and fortunate enough to be able to be at home also, but I had to pump a lot for the first few months with our first to keep up my supply while she learned how to latch properly and gain weight.
    After that short experience, I have great admiration for women like you, who make such a commitment to your babies’ health that you are able to keep up with it day in and day out.
    Great job, and keep up the good work! 🙂

9. i really give you and all the other moms out there who pump-it’s a lot of work and commitment! I am a stay at home mom but have pumped at home and even that’s difficult at times!

10. NuevaMama27 says:

I have just gone back to work, (today is day2!)and am pumping for my 3 mo old. . The first day went well! I hope it continues to be as easy to fit in my day, I’m an RN and breaks can be hard to come buy some days!!

11. J. Olson says:

I pump at work too! Not able to be a SAHM but at least I can say my little girl has been breast fed for all 8 months of her life so far and going strong! It is a pain somedays to pump but it is part of my day so I just do it like any other task. The people I work with are 99% guys, who I have to rely on to give me breaks and I think me pumping makes them uncomfortable but oh well! I am in a bathroom doing it! Good for you for being a mama, working and blogging! I am sure life can get hectic but it’s worth it!

12. Pumping takes so much work, good for you for being so diligent with it!