You all know that I have been endlessly dreaming of a getaway lately! I mentioned that I have always wanted to travel abroad and someone suggested that I check into Portugal. Now I have to be honest and say that I have never really looked into it nor have I ever had a desire to visit Portugal…until now!
Doesn’t this make you want to visit Portugal? I never realized Portugal was THIS beautiful! It’s gorgeous and amazing and exciting all at once!!
Look at that beach! And the clear sky and the blue waters! Wow! I am seriously thinking I’ll have to add some Portugal holidays to my bucket list now! It is seriously beautiful and I can’t imagine NOT going there in my lifetime. My husband seems a bit hesitant, but I have some time to work on him and change his mind! I’ve looked into destinations in Portugal and I was rather impressed with all that they have to offer! I think I have narrowed my search to my list of top places I must visit:
- Sintra – this is known as an enchanting fairytale town! Sounds great, doesn’t it?
- Evora – a museum town. My husband is a history buff and would love to visit the museums here!
- Batalha and Alcobaga – these places are known for their World Heritage Architecture and I would love to see it!
- Lagos to Sagres – “the waters at the end of the world”. That description alone sounds great!!! I am a water person and I would love to have the pleasure of viewing this!
- Algarve – they have beautiful sandy beaches (who doesn’t love beaches?)
I am a photographer at heart and I know with some of the pictures I’ve seen of Portugal there would be some amazing chances at capturing some artistic shots! My husband and I both enjoy photography so this would be a nice getaway that would allow us to enjoy our hobby! The only thing that would scare me would be the language barrier. We have not the first clue about Portuguese language and wouldn’t know how to communicate with others. I can imagine there are ways around this by taking someone with us who knows the language but that would be an added expense. That’s definitely something we need to think about when planning our trip!