There are VERY few items that are a MUST-HAVE for breastfeeding. There are many things that make nursing a bit easier.
For my absolute MUST-HAVES list….
- lactating breasts 🙂
- nipple cream
- nursing pads
When I was breastfeeding my first son I was a lot younger and didn’t have the resources to get many of the things that I used when I breastfed LA. My reason for saying that is that these aren’t TECHNICALLY must-haves because I breastfed my oldest for 10 months without any of this stuff, but this is my list of items that truly helped me the second time and I highly recommend to other nursing mamas! 🙂
- Boppy pillow (two if you can, one for nursery and one for living area)
- Nipple Cream
- Nursing Pads
- if working, a double electric pump
- some type of a nursing cover for nursing in public
- breast milk storage bags (if working and you need to store breast milk)
- hands-free pumping bra (if working)